Vegan Raspberry & Mint Oreo Brownies
Dark, fudgy Vegan Raspberry & Mint Oreo Brownies are an impressive yet easy traybake option.
Filled with tart raspberries, chunks of chocolate and topped with mint chocolate oreos they’re sure to be a potluck hit.
Or serve warm with scoops of your favourite ice cream, squirty dairy free cream & lots of hot chocolate sauce for a great Sunday Sundae!
If you ask The Peas what they would like to have as a treat, you will get one of three answers.
And Ice cream.
So as you can imagine a brownie topped with Oreos that’s served warm with ice cream goes down pretty well! And they are Peachick Safe too!
A quick word of warning… These brownies are free from dairy, eggs and soya as well as being suitable for vegans. BUT although the brownie batter can be made glutenfree as well, I have yet to find oreo cookies that are freefrom all of the above! However, I reckon a decent freefrom bourbon biscuit would probably work just as well! If you have any suggestions for Oreo substitutes let me know in the comments below and I will update the recipe…
If mint and raspberry seems a little children’s birthday party for you, I have a few different brownie recipes on here. They are all a slight variation around my Easy Glutenfree Vegan Fudge Brownies. My personal favourite are the Hazelnut Espresso Brownies (GF Vegan), definitely NOT one for the kids!!! Although the Blueberry Swirl Fudge Brownies are pretty epic too!
You can make with normal oreos or any of the other flavours, but the mint works best with the raspberries. I also think that slightly spooky green colour, combined with the vibrant red raspberry splodges make these quite a good option for a Halloween gathering. Just add a few fine liquorice laces each side of the oreo and a pair of candy eyes and you’d have amazing spider brownies that would be a great addition to any spooky dessert table!
The other advantage of the frozen raspberries is that their tartness, just takes the edge off the almost overwhelming sweetness of these brownies. And they taste amazing too! I am definitely going to be making a batch or two for Christmas too!
These are definitely best served warm, drowned in Alpro salted caramel almond ice cream, Freedom Mallows mini marshmallows and squirty cream. The Peas are able to tolerate a little bit of UHT dairy squirty cream on top of an otherwise safe dessert. You can get rice/soy based squirty creams, coconut whipping cream and a load of dairyfree whipped toppings online. I have just discovered Vegan Kind Supermarket and signed up as an affliate so if you do buy something from any of the links in this page, I may get a little something but it wont cost you anymore!
Pin for Later:-
Recipe for Vegan Raspberry & Mint Oreo Brownies
Vegan Raspberry & Mint Oreo Brownies (Dairy-free, Egg free)
- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp ground chia
- 50 g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
Fillings & Toppings
- 50 g Dark Chocolate Chips
- handful Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Mint Chocolate Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 180c. I use a square, silicone cake tray which doesn't need greasing. For a metal cake tin, line with greaseproof paper. It also makes it easier to get out of the tin before slicing!
- In a large saucepan, melt the dark chocolate, margarine, sugar, golden syrup and milk over a low heat. Make sure you stir it to prevent the chocolate burning or you'll end up with a very stodgy mess!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coffee and vegetable oil. Set this chocolate melty mix aside to cool. Then weigh out the 'dry' ingredients into your large mixing bowl.
- Slowly drizzle the chocolate mixture into dry ingredients while stirring. After a few stirs, add frozen raspberries and chocolate chips. Continue to stir until justcombined.
- Scoop the whole lot into the prepared tin and arrange the oreos on the top of the batter. Then bake at 180C for 25minutes until the top has a lovely crust but the inside is still really squidy.
- One word of warning - wait until almost cool to slice as the top will slide off the oreos!