Easy Vegan Oat & Raisin Cookies
These Easy Vegan Oat & Raisin Cookies are crisp, chewy and filled with soft sultanas AND they are really easy to make too!
With a subtle hint of cinnamon they are sure to become a firm favourite in any house. Perfect dairy free after school treat.
So now you have mastered the Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies and make a few different variations its a good time to switch things up a bit with my Easy Vegan Oat & Raisin Cookies! They are made with the same basic method but because of the oats, the dough is just not quite as soft without an extra tablespoon of vegetable oil. Like the Chocolate Chip cookies, this recipe can be easily adapted to suit every occasion and festivity just switch out the sultanas for an equal weight of your favourite dried fruit or nuts. For a festive Christmas treat substitute the cinnamon for ginger and the sultanas for cranberries or glace cherries!
I have to admit Oat & Raisin Cookies are definitely my favourite and its been a mission of mine to perfect the eggfree cookie dough. So after the Chocolate chip ones came out so well I knew exactly which flavour I wanted to tackle next! As hubby is not a great fan I have kept the cinnamon flavour fairly subtle but for me I would definitely add a bit more! I think i have decided to make the maple & pecan ones for my birthday in January – what about you? What flavour combination would you go for?
Because these have oats and raisins in, I don’t feel so bad about adding these to Peachick Lunchboxes. Yes they are full of sugar but I think a small one in the lunchbox a couple of times a week or taking a batch up to the allotment isn’t too bad. Speaking of No17 we really do have to get a move on and get it sorted out for the winter… it is starting to look derelict again! We definitely need a weekend of digging, clearing and laying down weed matting to get it ready for planting in spring!
And if you are looking for some easy festive baking check out these very cute Festive Freefrom Biscuits or for nibbles these Olive Crackers with vegan cheese are a great make a head option and go really well with my Quick Onion Chutney!
Recipe for Easy Vegan Oat & Raisin Cookies
Easy Vegan Oat & Raisin Cookies (Dairyfree, Eggfree, Soyfree)
- 100 g dairyfree margarine
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 200 g self-raising flour*
- 50 g Oats
- 1 tbsp ground chia or flax
- 50 g Sultanas
- 4 tbsp vegetable Oil
- Preheat Oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Cream Margarine, sugar, brown sugar and golden syrup together until pale & fluffy.
- Stir together the ground chia seeds, Cinnamon, Oats and flour before adding to the margarine/sugar mixture.
- Pour in the sultanas and combine until a dough starts to form. It will look a little crumbly. Pour over the vegetable oil and stir together to make a soft cookie dough*.
- Use a melon baller or ice cream scoop to make whichever size cookies you want. Space the domes of the dough out on the lined baking sheet so they have room to spread.
- Bake at 180C for 8-10mins for small or 14-16mins for large ones. Leave to cool before trying to move them off the sheet as they will be very soft straight out the oven!
Pin Easy Vegan Oat & Raisin Cookies for Later:
In need of some allergy or coeliac friendly recipes this festive season? Then the FreeFromGang have you covered simply search #FreeFromChristmas on any social media channel to find every recipe you need!