#FreefromChristmas Biscuits (Dairyfree, Eggfree, Glutenfree & Vegan)!
These lovely little #FreefromChristmas Biscuits are glutenfree & nutfree and suitable for vegans! Make these simple sugar cookies with ground ginger, plain or switch out the icing sugar for a flavoured one to suit every occasion!
I do love a good Christmas party especially one involving lots of glittery crafty things, Santa & yummy food! These little biscuits are so easy to make and the dough is beautifully soft. I always make a batch of these for Christmas parties and they are guaranteed to disappear! Thanks to discovering Sugar & Crumbs flavoured icing sugars at the Cake & Bake Show, flavouring these biscuits couldn’t be simpler. Just switch out the plain for whichever flavour you fancy! But for Christmas it has to be Christmas Punch (contains orange), Gingerbread or Salted Caramel!
I don’t bake gluten free very often but this one is super easy and the dough is lovely and soft. As all flours are different, my favourites are Sainsbury’s own label freefrom flour (which contains rice) AND the beautiful FreeFrom Fairy wholegrain flour (which doesn’t!). I am not a fan of Dove’s Farm or Asda own – they have far too much rice in & I don’t like the texture of them. Anyway! These biscuits have a lovely snap to them and the shiny gold lemon icing just makes them that little bit more special! I made lots of different shapes but I think my favourites are these buttons and the Rudolphs with their festive cherry noses! (The candy eyes are eggfree but NOT vegan due to the origin of some of the ingredients… you can find suitable ones online though!)
These are also lovely for Christmas either for presents or to keep for any impromptu festive visitors! A slightly poorly Ginger Peachick & I have had great fun updating this old recipe with new photos! She is still sat at the table rolling out biscuits for baking later!
Recipe for #FreefromChristmas Biscuits
For the biscuits:
For the Icing:
- 2 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Edible Gold Dust
Optional flavourings.... Use ONE or combination of them!
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger (optional)
- 120 g Flavoured Icing Sugar Sub for plain
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or silicone baking sheet
For the Dough
- Beat the margarine, granulated sugar and icing sugar together. Add the golden syrup and beat again until completely combined.
- Gently stir in the flour and tip out onto cling film. Use your hands to mould into a ball of soft dough & wrap tightly in cling film.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30minutes.
- Cut the dough into quarters. Take one quarter and re-wrap the rest. The best thing about this dough is that you can roll & re-roll as many times as you like!
- Gently roll until about the thickness of a pound coin. Dip your chosen cutters in a pile of flour and press into the dough. Remove excess dough and transfer the shapes to the lined baking sheet.
- TO MAKE THE BUTTONS....Use a large piping nozzle or small round cutter & cut out a circle. Flatten slightly and then press the original cutter gently into the surface to make the button edge. Then make four small holes in the centre of the buttons with a skewer.
- Bake for 12-15minutes until just starting to turn golden brown. They will harden as they cool.
For the Icing
- Mix the icing sugar with a small amount (1/8tsp) of gold dust and then turn into a fairly thick but pourable paste with some of the lemon juice. You need it to hold itself into blobs but still be able to dip the biscuits in.
- Decorate the biscuits however you want!
Pin #FreefromChristmas Biscuits For Later:
For More #FreeFromChristmas recipes follow the links below (which I will update across December as they go LIVE) or just search for #FreeFromChristmas on social media!
- Non Alcoholic Paleo Christmas Cake from Renee at Mummy Tries (GF, DF, Paleo, Refined Sugar Free)
- Christmas Biscuits from Nathalie at The Intolerant Gourmand (GF, DF, Ve)
- Healthy Vegan Mince Pies from Eva at The Healthy Tart (GF, DF, Ve, Refined Sugar Free)
- Cranberry & Clementine Wreath Bread from Vicki at The Free From Fairy (GF, NF, SyF can be DF, Low FODMAP)
- Pork, Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls from Eb at Easy Peasy Foodie (GF, DF, EF, NF)
- Mini Christmas Cakes from Rebecca at Glutarama (DF EF V NF GF)
- Protein Hot Chocolate with Orange (GF, DF, Ve)Dairy Free Homemade Bailey’s (GF, DF) – Glutarama, Rebecca SmithTraditional Christmas Cake (GF, DF) – Dairy free kids, Laura Kenny –Boozy Bailey’s Real Hot Chocolate (GF, NF optional DF and RSF) – Gluten Free Alchemist, Kate Dowse#FreeFromChristmas Biscuits and Black Forest Christmas Cake (DF EF SyF GF NF) – Peachicks’ Bakery, Midge PeacockEasy Christmas Cake Muffins (GF, NF, can be DF, Alcohol Free)The ultimate Christmas Sandwich (GF,DF) – A Balanced Belly, Jenna FarmerHealthy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate (GF, DF, NF, RSF) – Free From Farmhouse, Emma Amoscato
- Vegan GingerBread Hot Chocolate (GF DF EF V) – Modern Food Stories