The Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are just that – perfect! It is the only cookie recipe you will ever need, crisp on the outside & chewy on the inside AND really easy to make. You can even store balls of the dough in the freezer for when you just need a cookie to go with your cuppa! Dairy free, Egg free and Gluten free too!
These lovely cookies are made with a basic dough that can be easily adapted to suit every occasion and festivity just switch out the chocolate chips for an equal weight of your favourite candy sweets or nuts. The Peachicks are quite partial to a double chocolate version with dairyfree white & dark chocolate chunks. Personally I have been wanting to try swapping the golden syrup for maple syrup & adding chopped pecans to the dough… such a great combination!
Ask most people and I think they would agree that Chocolate chip is the classic cookie flavour. I have to admit I have definitely missed being able to have them warm out of the oven but up until now the perfect eggfree version has proved hard to master. They were either too fluffy, too solid or to be honest more like a rock cake! These on the other hand are everything you want in a cookie – soft, chewy and crispy! You do have to leave them on the baking sheet until they are almost cool otherwise they fall apart… or you could take Elodie’s approach and just use a spoon!
Next on my list is to bake small balls of this into chocolate cupcake batter as I have a feeling that would be rather yummy! The Peachicks quite like the dough just as it is and I reckon it would also be really good in homemade vanilla icecream. (Although in the absence of an ice-cream maker I would just semi-thaw a pot of alpro hazelnut chocolate, stir in the dough and refreeze!!) Ooh actually come to think of it – a big wedge of that icecream sandwiched between two of these would be AWESOME!
Either way these cookies were a very welcome treat after my first day back at work after the shingles. Which by the way completely sucks! Two weeks in and I am still completely exhausted, have prickly pains where the rash was and because obviously it can’t ever be outdone, my immune system is taking offence to nearly everything I eat, drink and touch! No change there then!! Mind you I did make these very cute Christmas biscuits…
Pin Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies for Later:
Recipe for Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or silicone baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the margarine, sugar, brown sugar and golden syrup until pale and fluffly.
- Next beat in the vanilla extract until combined.
- Stir together the ground chia seeds and flour before adding to the margarine & sugar mixture. Pour in the chocolate chips and fold together.
- At this point it will start to look a bit crumbly. Pour over the vegetable oil and bring together to form a soft dough*.
- Use a melon baller ( or heaped tsp) for small cookies or an ice cream scoop for larger ones. Space the domes of dough out on the baking sheet to give them space to spread in the oven. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10minutes for small cookies and 14-16minutes for large ones. Leave to cool before trying to move them off the sheet as they will be very soft straight out the oven!
We love a linky and will be adding these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies to…