Raspberry & Mint Vegan Oreo Brownies
Vegan Oreo Brownies with Raspberry & Mint are an impressive yet easy traybake option.
Filled with tart raspberries, chunks of chocolate and topped with crunchy Oreo cookies they’re sure to be a potluck hit.
Best served warm with scoops of your favourite ice cream, squirty dairy free cream & lots of hot chocolate sauce for a great Sunday Sundae!
Vegan Oreo Brownies
If you ask The Peas what they would like to have as a treat, you will get one of three answers.
And Ice cream.
So as you can imagine a brownie topped with Oreos that’s served warm with ice cream goes down pretty well! Espeically when they are dark
And they are Peachick Safe too!
Vegan Oreo Brownies Ingredients
You can top vegan brownies with whatever little sandwich cookies or biscuits that you want. The joy of that is that by choosing different cookies, you are left with dozens of potential flavour combinations.
Mint & raspberry work so well together that the mint variety of sandwich cookie are my top choice. It works best with the sharp flavour of the raspberries and slightly spooky green colour makes these a fun option for Halloween. Just add a few fine liquorice laces each side of the oreo and a pair of candy eyes and you’d have amazing spider brownies that would be a great addition to any spooky dessert table!
Gluten Free Vegan Oreos
A quick word of warning… These brownies are free from dairy, eggs and soya as well as being suitable for vegans. The brownie batter can be made gluten free but I have yet to find oreo cookies that are free from all of the above allergens. Many gluten free ones contain soya flour as well as dairy.
However, I reckon a decent free from bourbon biscuit would probably work just as well! If you have any suggestions for Oreo substitutes let me know in the comments below and I will update the recipe…
Using Frozen Fruit in these Vegan Brownies
The main The other advantage of the frozen raspberries is that their tartness, just takes the edge off the almost overwhelming sweetness of these brownies. And they taste amazing too! I am definitely going to be making a batch or two for Christmas too!
Serving suggestions for Vegan Oreo Brownies
These are definitely best served warm, drowned in Alpro salted caramel almond ice cream, Freedom Mallows mini marshmallows and squirty cream. The Peas are able to tolerate a little bit of UHT dairy squirty cream on top of an otherwise safe dessert. You can get rice/soy based squirty creams, coconut whipping cream and a load of dairyfree whipped toppings online. I have just discovered Vegan Kind Supermarket and signed up as an affliate so if you do buy something from any of the links in this page, I may get a little something but it wont cost you anymore!
Other Gluten free & Vegan Brownie Recipes
If mint and raspberry seems a little children’s birthday party for you, then don’t panic!
If its gluten free, vegan brownies you are after, don’t worry I have got you covered! Each of my brownie recipes are a slight variation around my Easy Gluten free Vegan Fudge Brownies.
My personal favourite are the Hazelnut Espresso Brownies (GF Vegan), these tiny treats pack a mighty coffee punch thanks to the espresso powder. They are definitely NOT one for the kids, they’ll be bouncing off the walls!
These Blueberry Swirl Fudge Brownies are pretty epic too, gorgeous fudgy brownie, topped with a tart blueberry syrup swirl!
And if you are looking for something a little different, why not give my Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies a go! Perfect for using up those Halloween pumpkins and free from all Top 14 allergens!
Pin for Later:-
Recipe for Raspberry & Mint Vegan Oreo Brownies
Vegan Raspberry & Mint Oreo Brownies (Dairy-free, Egg free)
- 200 g Self Raising Flour
- 2 tbsp Ground Chia Seeds (or flax seeds)
- 50 g cocoa powder
- pinch Salt
Fillings & Toppings
- 50 g Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Frozen Raspberries
- 1 Mint Chocolate Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 180c. I use a square, silicone cake tray which doesn't need greasing. For a metal cake tin, line with greaseproof paper. It also makes it easier to get out of the tin before slicing!
- In a large saucepan, melt the dark chocolate, margarine, sugar, golden syrup and milk over a low heat. Make sure you stir it to prevent the chocolate burning or you'll end up with a very stodgy mess!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coffee and vegetable oil. Set this chocolate melty mix aside to cool. Then weigh out the 'dry' ingredients into your large mixing bowl.
- Slowly drizzle the chocolate mixture into dry ingredients while stirring. After a few stirs, add frozen raspberries and chocolate chips. Continue to stir until justcombined.
- Scoop the whole lot into the prepared tin and arrange the oreos on the top of the batter. Then bake at 180C for 25minutes until the top has a lovely crust but the inside is still really squidy.
- One word of warning - wait until almost cool to slice as the top will slide off the oreos!