Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake (Egg Free)
This Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake (Dairyfree Eggfree) is definitely a very, very good chocolate cake! Layers of soft chocolate sponge, sandwiched with a rich dairyfree chocolate ganache. Sturdy enough to stack and cover for bigger celebrations too!
The Only Egg Free Chocolate Cake Recipe You Will Ever Need!
Everyone loves a good chocolate cake. And this Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake is definitely a very, very good chocolate cake! Lets face it having an allergy to dairy and/or eggs shouldn’t stand in the way of anyone enjoying a good old slice of cake with their cuppa. Neither should you need a host of fancy ingredients just to make it. This cake is exactly what you want in a chocolate cake, just without the dairy, eggs or soy! AND its really easy to make too! This is my go to recipe for baking with the kids because the vegetable oil and milk make it really easy to stir the ingredients together. Plus it looks amazing and tastes even better!
Today Millie & I are curled up on the sofa watching films as she is not feeling great. We think she has eaten something but what I can’t work out. All I know is she is really lethargic, has stomach ache and is really blotchy. Poor Monkey, its so hard seeing these little itchy-scratchies feeling so miserable. Mind you a spot of baking and chilling out with Mummy has helped and she’s perked up a little bit. This Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake is one of her favourite. Every layer is sandwiched with chocolate buttercream and a drizzle of Sweet Freedom Choc Shot to make it even more yummy! When tempting a Peachick with a mild food phobia (triggered by her reactions) to eat – the yummier the food the better. I am happy to report that a good couple of slices of this were eaten whilst watching Cinderella!
Is this Vegan Chocolate Cake sturdy enough for icing?
This Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake also makes a great base for larger celebration cakes. It’s dense, chocolately and the ganache buttercream layers hold it sturdy enough to hold a layer of fondant. The mix of self raising and plain flours make it perfect for stacking as it gives a flatter cake. For a few decorating ideas check out these past Peachick Birthday Cakes! If you are going to use this as a cake base for fondant then I would suggest layering these in the cake tin sure the layers of cake line up Speaking of celebrations, I am really hoping that Millie is feeling better tomorrow, she doesn’t know it yet but she is getting a very special award in assembly. Hubby & I have taken time off work to go so we can see it presented but I will say no more as she doesn’t know about it yet!! (One very proud mummy over here!!)
Other great Vegan Layer Cake recipes:
But if you fancy something a bit different then check out our other cake recipes perfect for afternoon tea, birthdays, weddings and more! They are all free from dairy, eggs and soya AND can be made gluten free by simply switching out the flour!
- Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
- Vegan ‘Baileys’ Birthday Cake
- Chocolate & Vanilla Vegan Marble Cake
- Vegan Lemon & Raspberry Layer Cake
Recipe for Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake (Dairyfree Eggfree):
Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake (Dairyfree Eggfree)
For the Sponge
For the Buttercream
- 50 g Baking Block Margarine
- 50 g Melted Dark Chocolate
- 200 g Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C (170C fan). Line the bottom and sides of two tall loose bottom 20cm cake tins.
For the Sponge
- In a large mixing bowl weigh out the vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk together before adding in the cocoa powder.
- Sift the self raising flour, plain flour and chia seeds into the bowl and fold in gently while slowly pouring the dairyfree milk in.
- The batter will be slightly runnier than 'normal' cake mix. Split between the two cake tins and smooth the tops down. Bake on the middle shelf for 35-40mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely in the fridge before slicing each layer in half.
For the Buttercream
- Beat 50g of dairyfree baking block with 200g of icing sugar and 50g melted dark or dairyfree chocolate. Put in a piping bag ready.
- To construct the cake place the bottom layer on a plate and pipe over a layer of buttercream. Drizzle on a layer of chocolate sauce. Place another cake on top and repeat. For the top layer pipe over the buttercream and sauce or add some pretty decorations.
Pin Easy Vegan Chocolate Layer Cake (Dairyfree Eggfree) for Later:
Linking this lovely chocolate cake up to CookBlogShare, this week hosted by Lost In Food!