Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Eggfree, Glutenfree)
Beautiful Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, easy to make and perfect for a Spring Sunday Afternoon Tea.
Great rainy day activity for kids and suitable for a range of dietary needs being dairy free, egg free, vegan & gluten free!
I LOVE carrot cake, I could literally eat it every day BUT since I Elodie was born I really, really can’t eat eggs. I have always been allergic to them and whole eggs make me very sick but they’ve always been fine cooked into cakes, yorkies & meringues. Now I only have to touch a raw egg and I start to feel sick, my head hurts, I feel really dizzy and wheezy. (Ironically Elodie is the most allergic to eggs – coincidence??)! So began my quest to refine egg free baking – over the last year I have conquered vegan chocolate cake, perfected vegan coffee cake, even sorted vegan fruity muffins AND FINALLY today I have made completely freefrom carrot cake! I cannot stress how excited I am!
There are two versions of these – half have vegan cream cheese frosting thanks to our local supermarket finally stocking Violife creamy cheese and half have been sprinkled with sugar & oats so they can be frozen for a quick grab-no-go lunch or breakfast!
Daddy Peacock’s verdict… Wow they actually taste like real carrot cake. I’m not a fan of carrot cake but these are ok!
I believe this is probably a compliment in a round about sort of way….
The only downside to these is that the flour has rice flour in it which is really not good for mine or Elodie’s eczema but she is not great with gluten as it gives her horrible stomach ache. However these would be just as awesome with FreeFrom Fairy’s Wholegrain Glutenfree Flour which is completely Ricefree too!
I use chia seeds as an egg replacer but I don’t make it into a ‘flax-egg’ type thing I just chuck the seeds in. I actually really like the crunch they have and the contrast of that and the soft fluffy cake. (yep I am one of those who likes food to have texture – I don’t do mush, unless its mushy peas!!)
Pin Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting for Later:
Recipe for Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Glutenfree)
Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan Glutenfree)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour, bicarb, cinnamon, chia seeds & sugar) and give them a stir. Technically I think sugar counts as a wet ingredient but this is the way I make them and it works so this is the way it is done!
- In a mug add the golden syrup to the Koko dairy free and heat on low for 30secs in a microwave. You just want it warm enough for them to completely combine. Pour this into a jug and add the oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients INTO the dry and then fold in the carrots and sultanas. The batter will be soft but not runny!
- Share between the cupcake cases and bake for 15mins (longer for muffin sized cakes)
- Beat the cream cheese & butter together. Then sieve in the icing sugar and beat again. Add the lemon juice and beat again!
- Put in a piping bag with a star nozzle. Pipe slowly from the outside in holding the bag at 90degrees to the cake.
- Sprinkle over the tiny flowers and then place the daisy over the top of the pointy bit that is left where you stop piping!
- Stand back and admire!!
I am sending these over to #picknmix Fridays hosted by A Cornish Mum & Mummy and Monkeys! Hop over and have a read there is lots of different kinds of posts linked up every week!! AND I am going to link these up to #HowtoSundays at Monkey & Mouse! I will also add them to Recipe of the week (A Mummy Too), #YumTum (Mummy Toolbox) & #FreefromFridays over at Freefrom Farmhouse later in the week!!