Afternoon Tea Recipes: Pretty Vegan Coffee Cupcakes
These little Pretty Vegan Coffee Cupcakes make beautiful hand-made edible gifts. They would also be a perfect treat for a dairy free Mother’s Day afternoon tea.
Coffee is one of my favourite ingredients to add to a cake and you can find the recipe for both my Dairy Free Vanilla Latte Cake and Vegan Mocha Cakes. The last few days in France have been lovely, no internet, no work and no TV so I have actually had time to write a few blog posts and try out some new recipes. You can read about our adventures in France as part of The Peachick Invasion series here.
This recipe makes 6 large cupcakes (muffin tray) and uses Betty Crocker buttercream which has no egg, soya or milk ingredients but does carry a warning that it may contain traces of milk. For a dairy free alternative just add 1tsp of instant coffee granules to your favourite buttercream recipe using a dairy free spread! Both sets of decoration are listed as suitable for dairy&egg free diets on the Waitrose website!
Recipe for Pretty Vegan Coffee Cupcakes:
Pretty Vegan Coffee Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- In a mug pour the Koko dairy free and add the golden syrup and the instant coffee. Microwave on high for 5seconds and stir to dissolve the golden syrup and coffee.
- Pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix along with the sunflower oil.
- Pour the mixture into a 6 muffin cases and place on a middle shelf.
- Bake until cook through – about 20mins. Decorate!
Pin Pretty Vegan Coffee Cupcakes for Later:
I am sending these to Emma at the Freefrom Farmhouse for #FreefromFriday and The #Recipeoftheweek over at A Mummy Too later on in the weekend! I have also linked these up to #BloggerClubUk over at Mudpie Fridays & Cuddle Fairy as well as #CookBlogShare this week hosted by Hijacked by twins! And finally to Sunday Food & Fitness over at Marathons and Motivation as well as #HowtoSundays hosted by Monkey & Mouse and Dot makes 4!