Apple & Raisin Vegan Pancakes
Pancakes are a great favourite in our house and these Apple & Raisin Vegan Pancakes (Dairy free & Egg free) are always a winner especially when drizzled with my dairyfree caramel sauce! They are super easy and can be made gluten free too!
Tuesday 9th Feb is Pancake Day, the exact origins of which are (as with most things) up for debate between a Christian holiday or Pagan festival. Either works for me to be fair and the Peachicks are not really that interested in why they get pancakes as long as they do! I have played around with a plain egg-free, dairy-free pancake recipe for a while now and you can find an oat milk version with warm peaches here. This is the original recipe that eventually led to my very popular Mini Eggfree Apple Ring Pancakes (Vegan)!
If you are planning on saving your pancake making for the weekend then these apple & raisin pancakes with a cinnamon caramel syrup are something a bit special. They would be perfect served warm as breakfast in bed for Valentines day and will definitely score a few brownie points with your someone special!
You can even use a cookie cutter to cut the cooked pancakes into heart shapes before stacking and drizzling the caramel syrup over.
(I went for the fold them over & drizzle approach this morning!)
You may also need to make a lot more syrup than the recipe below makes if you want to drown your pancakes – I like a drizzle but for a puddle make a bigger batch – the recipe is very forgiving and doubles/triples really well.
Recipe for Apple & Raisin Vegan Pancakes
Apple & Raisin Vegan Pancakes
- 200 g Self-Raising Flour Wheat or Gluten Free
- 100 g Plain Flour Wheat or Gluten Free
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 25 g granulated sugar
- 1 small apple grated
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 400 ml Dairy Free Milk
- Handful of raisins optional
For the Cinnamon Caramel Syrup
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free margarine
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
For the Pancakes
- Stir the flours, sugar, chia seeds and pinch of salt together in a large bowl.
- Pour the golden syrup, vegetable oil and Dairy Free milk into a jug and whisk until the golden syrup is combined (may need 20seconds in a microwave if the milk is cold)
- Pour the Dairy Free milk mixture into the Flour and whisk until they make a smooth batter.
- Fold in the grated apple and raisins.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and pour in a ladle full of batter to make a puddle. Use the back of the ladle to spread the batter out.
- Cook until the top is set (or almost set) and then flip. Cook for another 30seconds and serve!
For the Caramel Sauce
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat over a medium heat until golden and bubbling.
- Drizzle over pancakes and serve!
And here is how I enjoyed my pancakes this morning… with a nice cup of fancy coffee made by Daddy P (I’m fairly sure he was a barista in a former life!) Yikes how dirty are those tiles… off to scrub the kitchen immediately!!
Pin Apple & Raisin Vegan Pancakes (Dairyfree Eggfree) for Later:
I have linked these pancakes up to Charlotte at Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen for the #FoodYearLinkup (as its Pancake Day), & Karen at Lavender & Lovage for this months Tea Time Treats (theme this month is pancakes,waffles & hotcakes!)! Definitely recommend you hop over to them all as there are some amazing recipes that I can’t wait to try! The Nutella Day recipes look especially good!!