Perfect Vegan Vanilla Pancakes
School holidays are great for relaxed family breakfasts & These Perfect Vegan Vanilla Pancakes have a delicate vanilla flavour thanks to the vanilla bean paste. They go well with a lot of toppings but a lime & ginger melon salad is a definite favourite around here! These Vegan Vanilla Pancakes are soyfree as well as containing no dairy or eggs!
These Vegan Vanilla Pancakes use ground chia seeds as an egg replacer, I use a coffee grinder to blitz them into a powder and mix with the flour. That way there is no crunchy seeds throwing off the soft, fluffy texture and no need to faff around making a flax egg (which I REALLY do not like!!)
The Peachicks LOVE pancakes and the older two can tolerate eggs in normal ones but little Elodie definitely can’t! I already have a couple of vegan recipes on the site, but I can’t resist having a play around with new ones! Vegan Apple & Raisin pancakes flavoured with golden syrup and Vegan pancakes served with doughnut peaches & warm ginger syrup! You can find some more vegan pancake inspiration over on the Pinterest board!
For me the best part about pancakes is everyone can choose their own toppings! Just stick a stack of pancakes in the midde of the table with a load of different toppings and watch breakfast harmony* reign. Also these would be great when the little people have playdates as the kids have loads of fun making their own pancake stacks!
*I can dream can’t I??!!
As the weather was good we ate outside in the sunshine! It was really nice just to have a bit of down time with the girls, we sat eating and chatting for ages; it was nice to catch up! Here is a picture of our breakfast in action as apparently it was ESSENTIAL for the recipe!!
The Melon salad was lovely, very refreshing, although how the girls tasted it having drowned it in chocolate sauce I will never know!! The chocolate sauce is Sweet Freedom Choc Shot, it was a freebie in the Allergy Show goodie bags and has quickly become a favourite in our house!
Recipe for Perfect Vegan Vanilla Pancakes:
So onto the recipe. This amount make 14 small pancakes which was enough for me and the Peachicks once all the melon had been piled on! The recipe doubles really well and in addition the pancakes store brilliantly in the freezer, layered with greaseproof paper so its definitely worth making a big batch! I even cook them from frozen either in frying pan over a low heat or in the microwave for about 30seconds!
Fluffy Vegan Vanilla Pancakes
For the melon Salad
- 1 melon I used Orange Candy Melon
- 1 tsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 handful Frozen Raspberries Crushed
- 1 Mango
- Make the melon salad first so that it has time to marinate in the lime & ginger!
For the Melon Salad
- Peel and chop the melon into small chunks and add to a large bowl.
- Squeeze over the lime juice and stir in along with the grated ginger.
- Gently crush a handful of frozen raspberries and sprinkle over the melon.
- Set aside in the fridge to marinate while you make the pancakes!
For the Pancakes!
- In a large bowl stir together the dry ingredients (flour, chia seeds & sugar).
- In a separate jug whisk the melted butter, vanilla extract and Koko together.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the batter a cookie scoop at a time. If you like perfectly round pancakes, pour it in the middle of the pan and push the batter round into a circle.
- Cook until the top of the pancake is set (takes a couple of minutes) and then flip. Cook on the other side for a further 30-60seconds.
- Decorate the pancakes however you want and enjoy!!
Pin for Later:-
I love this recipe and so I will be linking it up to a few linkies as the week goes on including Freefrom Fridays over at the Freefrom Farmhouse, #CookBlogShare and Recipe of the Week!