#FreeFromSummer Dairy-Free White Chocolate Cheesecake (Vegan, Gluten-free Options)
A beautiful new #FreeFromSummer recipe, this Dairy-Free White Chocolate Cheesecake is a perfect no-bake, make ahead dessert. A creamy white topping with a subtle hint of white chocolate sits over a buttery shortbread base ready for topping with Summer’s seasonal best. Use your favourite shortbread recipe or biscuits to make sure the base is suitable for all your dietary needs. #glutenfree #eggfree #vegan #Top14free
It’s been a while but the lovelies from the Free From Gang are back again with a whole host of beautiful recipes. Just follow the links at the bottom of this post or search for #FreeFromSummer across social media. And don’t forget for more recipe inspiration you can also search #FreeFromPicnics, #FreeFromBBQ and #FreeFrom
With all the glorious weather (she says listening to the rain on the roof) we have been having this Summer, the fruit and berries are absolutely beautiful up at No17 and we have regularly come home with punnets and punnets of blackcurrants, strawberries, gooseberries and now its the turn of the boysenberries and raspberries! This Dairy-Free White Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect dessert to show off their lovely sun-ripened flavour.
The creamy filling is made with cream cheese, coconut milk and white chocolate. It would work just as well with any cream cheese or white chocolate but for us I use Koko Dairyfree or Violife cream cheese as its Soyafree and Sainsbury’s FreeFrom White Chocolate. To add a little more summer flavour, I also add some jam to the mix, I use apricot but plum, blackcurrant or raspberry would work nicely too.
A word of warning here, the white chocolate I use contains Soya in the form of soya Lecithin – something that I know the girls are able to safely eat – but just substitute with your favourite safe chocolate if not!
If you want another lovely easy vegan cheesecake base check out my Raspberry & Pomegranate Cheesecake recipe. It has a biscuit base made of ginger nut biscuits, which would work well with these flavours too. And has instructions on how to make the lovely little swirly chocolate decorations for a more special occasion dessert!
It really does need to be left overnight to set in the fridge overnight before decorating. Its only a soft set, but will cut into slices neatly with a warm knife, how many slices you get out of the cheesecake is up to you, I reckon you could squeeze 12 out but I usually managed 10 – I do have 3 hungry Peachicks and a Daddy to feed you know!
Other #FreeFromSummer Recipes:
Look out for a whole host of other recipes over the coming weeks, from the rest of the FreeFromGang Bloggers. I will update the links as the recipes are published, so don’t forget to check back for more!
Nina at Eat Allergy Safe
Nathalie at Intolerant Gourmand
Jenna at A Balanced Belly has some great tips for Navigating Summer Socialising with digestive conditions.
Sarah at Copper Confetti
Pin Dairy-Free White Chocolate Cheesecake for Later:-
And without further ado… here’s the recipe!
Recipe for Dairy-Free White Chocolate Cheesecake:-
Dairy-free White Chocolate Cheesecake with Summer Fruits
For the Shortbread Base
- 125 g Dairyfree Margarine
- 50 g Granulated Sugar
- 180 g Plain Flour
For the Filling
- sliced nectarines, apricots and berries
- Dairyfree white chocolate shavings
- Line the base and sides of a round springform cake tin with greaseproof paper or silicone sheet.
- First make shortbread or a biscuit base (recipe in notes)...
To make the Base
- Beat the dairyfree margarine and sugar together. Stir in the flour and once a soft dough forms, press it into the lined tin and bake at 180C for 25minutes. Set aside to cool.
To make the Cream Filling.
- While your base sets, heat the coconut milk until just warm.
- Pour into a bowl over the broken up white chocolate and stir until melted.
- While this chocolate mixture cools, beat together the room temperature cream cheese and apricot jam.
- Keep the stand mixer running on low and slowly pour in the chocolate mixture. Pour over the cooled base and leave in the fridge to set overnight.
- When set, arrange seasonal berries on the top and scatter over some grate white chocolate.
- 300g Biscuits
- 40g Margarine (Melted)
- 30g Coconut Oil (Melted)
Im linking this lovely cheesecake up to a few linky’s including the LAST EVER We Should Cocoa over at Tin & Thyme alongside these other lovely ones….