Freefrom Family Meals: Spicy Roast Pork Wraps – Loving your Leftovers!
Who doesn’t love a good roast and with Easter weekend coming up we are all bound to have at least one, in our house Saturday is roast day! These sticky, sweet & slightly Spicy Roast Pork Wraps are dairyfree, eggfree and soyafree and are perfect for using up any leftovers that actually make it to the next day. Back in the day my absolute favourite roast was a giant yorkshire pudding filled with veggies, roast potatoes, mashed swede and LOADS of gravy… sadly I have yet to find a reliable eggfree & dairyfree Yorkshire pudding recipe AND apparently roasts have to include meat. In this house it is usually lamb but its just too expensive this year so it will be chicken or pork, both are Peachick favourites! I also love a good roast as there is always leftovers, cold roast potatoes and parsnips are fiercely fought over next morning for breakfast. These wraps are perfect for easy entertaining over the Easter Weekend and are equally lovely made with pork and chicken. We serve them with buttery spicy sweetcorn, salad from the garden and sweet potato wedges but they really go with anything!
These are more of an assembly job to be honest and they are perfect for easy Easter entertaining as everyone can loads theirs with whatever they like… I’m sure most people probably don’t add green olives, pickled onions and buttery chilli sweetcorn to theirs, but that is the Peachick way!! We use wholegrain tortilla wraps, although the gluten free wraps from Newburn Bakehouse are really good – so this really is perfect for everyone!
There is a few serving options… either wrap them at the table (like we do), wrap them and lightly toast in a panini press/non stick pan OR wrap, place on a greased baking sheet, cover with (vegan) cheese and bake in the oven (180C) until the cheese melts!
This is how I set it up on the table!!
The sweet, spicy, slightly charred pork is really good and definitely more interesting than the cold meat, chips and baked beans we used to get as a kid! (I’m starting to think the Peachicks are a little spoilt! LOL!)
And my favourite part of the whole dinner is this buttery, spicy, sweet chilli sweetcorn! Open a tin, pour it in a saucepan with dairy free margarine (or butter), pinch of salt, fresh ground black pepper & 2tbsp of sweet chilli sauce. Heat, mix & serve!
So here’s how you make the pork…
Recipe for Freefrom Family Meals: Spicy Roast Pork Wraps
Freefrom Family Meals: Spicy Roast Pork Wraps
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion red or white
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 6 small mushrooms
- Shredded Leftover Roast Pork
- 1 tsp Dairyfree Margarine
- pinch of salt & fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 8 Wholewheat Tortilla Wraps
- In a non stick frying pan over a low heat gently fry the onions, garlic and mushrooms until soft. This takes about 5-10mins and you might need to add a tsp or two of water.
- Add the Pork and cook for another 10mins or so (make sure the pork is hot), keep stirring so it doesn't stick!
- Stir in the margarine and sweet chilli sauce and cook until it is sticky!
- Season to taste with salt & black pepper!
- Serve in bowls with all the other ingredients for filling and wrapping up in warm tortillas!
- When I make my wraps I lay the fillings in a line down the centre (always salad first), fold over each end and then wrap, tucking in the edges. The whole lot is all enclosed and you can cut in half!
Pin Freefrom Family Meals: Spicy Roast Pork Wraps for Later:
I am sending these over to Emma at the Free from Farmhouse for #Freefromfridays! As well as Charlotte at Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen for #FoodYearLinkUp and March’s Tea Time Treats (Easter) over at Lavender & Lovage and The HedgeCombers! I have also sent this to How to Sundays over at Monkey & Mouse