#FreeFromEaster: Easy Decorated Easter Cake (DF EF GF Ve)
#FreeFromEaster Easy Decorated Glutenfree Easter Cake, completely Freefrom all Top14 allergens, including dairy, eggs, soy and gluten!
Layers of cinnamon spiced carrot sponge, filled with a sweet vanilla cream cheese frosting and decorated with an array of cute Easter themed goodies!
Last year, a small stuffed bunny posed for photos next to a 6inch, layered carrot cake. Flavoured with Orange Spice Sweet Freedom Choc Shot, little did that Mr Bunny know that he would become the most liked post on my Insta feed of 2017! Fast forward 12months and Mr Bunny would like to introduce you to his Mrs Bunny, their baby Easter Bunny AND a new recipe for a completely Freefrom Easter Cake.
NO dairy, eggs, soy, gluten or nuts were harmed in the making of this rather lovely cake, making it suitable for a those with dietary restrictions, allergy sufferers and vegans alike. Best of all there is not complicated decorating, just spread on the frosting, add the sprinkles and adorn with as many fluffy chicks and pretty felt flowers as you can squidge on!
There are no less than THREE recipes for carrot cake on The Peachicks’ Bakery already, which should give you some idea of just how much I love it. They are all different, one for every occasion and to suit all dietary needs. The Eggfree Easter Spiced Cake, was the most liked over on the Instagram page last year & has an orange spiced sponge. I even have a Seasonal Autumn Pumpkin version, drizzled (drowned) in a dairyfree, salted caramel sauce! AND I have updated the photos on my Glutenfree Vegan Carrot Cupcakes, with a little help from my Millie. Hop over and have a lookie and let her know what you think!
This Easy Decorated Glutenfree Easter Cake is more what you would expect from a traditional carrot cake, with the vegan cream cheese frosting. Sweet, sticky and smothered in a creamy, tangy icing. You’d never know it was a freefrom cake at all, the extra carrot keeps the sponge moist and there is no grainy texture you often get from glutenfree flour. It also helps to bind the sponge in the absence of eggs and gives the sponge a lovely yellow-orange tint.
Dairyfree Buttercream is notoriously temperamental and prone to splitting. Using baking block or vegan cream cheese to it definitely helps to stop this but my top tip for perfect Vegan Cream Cheese frosting? Add a teaspoon of custard powder per 75g of margarine/cream cheese mix. This is The Birds custard powder that comes in one of those round cardboard tubs. DO NOT use instant custard!
Recipe for Easy Decorated Glutenfree Easter Cake:
Easy Decorated Easter Cake (Df Ef Syf Gf Ve)
- 25 g Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a tall 6 inch round cake tin with bake-o-glide or greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the vegetable oil, sugar and Choc Shot. Stir in the grated carrots and set aside.
- In another bowl, weigh out the plain flour, self raising flour and ground chia seeds. Stir together and add the sultanas.
- Gently fold the dry ingredient mix into the oil and sugar mixture while slowly pouring in the dairyfree milk.
- Pour into the cake tin. Bake on the middle shelf for 45mins at 160C.
- Slice the cake in half. Fill and cover with the vegan cream cheese frosting and decorate with Easter decorations.
- While the cake cools, beat together the frosting ingredients, starting with the margarine and cream cheese. Slowly beat in the icing sugar and finally the teaspoon of custard powder.
Pin Easy Decorated Glutenfree Easter Cake for Later:
More #FreeFromEaster Recipes…
The Lovely Ladies of the Freefrom gang have been working hard to bring you an amazing selection of #FreeFromEaster recipes. Each & every one of the recipes is absolutely amazing and between them they cover any and all dietary restriction or request that you may need to cater for!