Gluten-free Vegan Blueberry Swirl Brownies (Dairy-free, Egg-free)
Bored of regular brownies and fancy making something a little more special? Then whip up a batch of these stunning Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Swirl Brownies. Perfect fudgy gluten free brownies, with a crispy crust and bursts of tart blueberry syrup but completely Top14 free!
If you are just starting out on your freefrom baking journey and looking for an easy place to start, then brownies are a good first bake. Your worst disaster will be a thick fudgy puddle for ice-cream! They are also great for kids as all the ingredients are liquid so easy to stir! Although at this point I should admit that I haven’t always been the biggest fan of a brownie, they are often to sweet. But being forced to make dairy & egg free versions, and adding strong espresso shots of coffee, I have to admit I am a convert.
These Gluten-free Vegan Blueberry Swirl Brownies are just my basic Vegan Fudge Brownies with a swirl of blueberry syrup baked into the top. They are just as easy to make but don’t forget to make the blueberry syrup first! For a slightly, darker, definitely more grown-up version try these Gluten-free, Vegan Espresso Hazelnut Brownies. Hazelnuts are coming into season right now and the allotment carpark is full of them so I can definitely see a batch of those brownies in my future!
Other Gluten free & Vegan Brownie Recipes
If its gluten free, vegan brownies you are after, don’t worry I have got you covered! Each of my brownie recipes are a slight variation around my Easy Gluten free Vegan Fudge Brownies.
My personal favourite are the Hazelnut Espresso Brownies (GF Vegan), these tiny treats pack a mighty coffee punch thanks to the espresso powder. They are definitely NOT one for the kids, they’ll be bouncing off the walls!
These Blueberry Swirl Fudge Brownies are pretty epic gorgeous fudgy brownie, topped with a tart blueberry syrup swirl! But for an alternative try my decadent Mint & Raspberry Oreo Brownies!
And if you are looking for something a little different, why not give my Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies a go! Perfect for using up those Halloween pumpkins and free from all Top 14 allergens!
Pin Gluten-free Vegan Blueberry Swirl Brownies for Later:-
Recipe for Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Swirl Brownies:-
Gluten-free Vegan Blueberry Swirl Brownies
- 200 g blueberries
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup*
- Make the blueberry swirl first so it can cool while you make the brownie batter. Add the blueberries and Golden Syrup to a small saucepan and simmer to a syrup (takes about 5minutes) and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180c. I use a square, silicone cake tray so it doesn't need greasing but I would suggest that for a metal cake tin you line with greaseproof paper. It also makes it easier to get out of the tin before slicing!
- In a large saucepan, melt the dark chocolate, margarine, sugar, Golden Syrup and milk over a low heat. Make sure you stir it to prevent the chocolate burning or you'll end up with a very stodgy mess!
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vegetable oil. Set this chocolate melty mix aside to cool while you weigh out the 'dry' ingredients into your large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- With the stand mixer on minimum, drizzle in the chocolate mixture and stir on low, scraping down the sides and bottom, until completely combined!
- Scoop the brownie mix into the prepared tin. Spoon dollops of the blueberry mixture around and then swirl around with a skewer or chopstick.
- Bake at 180C for 25minutes until the top has a lovely crust but the inside is still really squidy. If they are for later, leave to set in the fridge before slicing, or eat them like Daddy Peacock - scooped warm on top of a big bowl of ice-cream!
Where did those holidays go? I can’t believe we only have 2 weeks left. We’ve had a lovely few weeks, got lots done at No17 and even managed to have some fun adventures! I am not looking foward to next week though, The Peas are off to holiday club Mon/Tues and then the inlaws Thurs/Fri night which means I can get all my work done ready for the new term (and maybe schedule a few recipes on here for when I go back to work!) I really don’t like an empty house, and I hate the fact that I have lost a whole other week that we could have been off doing things. As always the last week of the holidays is taken up with Alys’ birthday & cake making.
Also, I don’t know about you but this time of year makes me so sad, reading all the parenting bloggers posts & tweets about why they can’t wait for their kids to go back to school. I get it, they have work to do, but I guess I have always been used to having to work with the kids around, it makes no difference. And I love having the kids around. Plus the end of the holidays means my workload doubles not reduces – between school runs, baking for packed lunches, after school club craziness and then keeping on top of the blog as well as working in a job that comes home with me means an end to spare time… although I’d probably better find some, its time for the Aspire Channel Swim Challenge again!
I will be linking these up to…
#CookBlogShare this week hosted by Glutarama