Mini Egg Free Apple Ring Pancakes (Dairy free, Vegan)
We love a long lazy breakfast as a family in this house and holidays and weekends are the perfect excuse for one! These Mini Egg Free Apple Ring Pancakes are definitely going to become a regular feature! What’s not to love? soft, fluffy pancakes stuffed with apple slices and served with a puddle of sticky dark cherry syrup… Not only are they dairy free & vegan but they can even be made gluten free very easily by just using suitable flour.
Despite the hideous weather, we are having a really good summer so far. Alys has been struggling with her allergies a bit, its more her skin at the moment which seems to flare up randomly.
(I’m saying this really quietly…)
The Peachicks are playing really nicely together and its been great to watch them spending time so close together. Although I do think the poor sunflowers at the allotment would prefer they weren’t being used as a spy hideout! Its so lovely to see the relationship they have together, arguments and all. I have to say its quite scary that Elodie starts school in a few weeks, hopefully they are ready for the whirlwind that is the Ginger Peachick, she is quite a whirlwind when she gets going!
Actually the three of them are more like a tornado when they are together! But breakfast time when these little pancakes came out was so quiet I had to check they were still at the table with me!
Adding lemon juice to the batter make these pancakes extra fluffy & bubbly, which if you are a Peachick is exactly how you like a pancake to be! No room for crepes in this house (many, many apologies France)!! They also cook for just long enough that the apple slices are soft but not soggy – exactly how a Peachick likes their apples too! Dark cherries also happen to be one of their favourite pancake toppings – so all in all these were a definite culinary win and were promptly hoovered up (my suspicion is there may even have been a spot of plate licking while I wasn’t looking!)
Apples are a great British ingredient and we are lucky enough to have some great varieties in the communal orchard at the allotment. This recipe works well with a crisp, sharp apple, like a Braeburn or Granny Smith! There are an infinite number of ways to cook & eat apples, both sweet and savoury and you can find all our great apple recipes here. They go so well smothered with this dark sweet cherry syrup but replace the cherries with blackberries and these will make a great seasonal treat in the Autumn. Or add a pinch of ground cinnamon and ginger for a special brunch! (It makes them really good for christmas… too!)
Recipe for Mini Egg Free Apple Ring Pancakes:
*The recipe has apple sauce as an ingredient; homemade apple puree, a jar of apple sauce or even those baby fruit pots work just as well.
And if you need anymore pancake inspiration then check out our other Perfect Pancake Recipes!
Mini Egg Free Apple Ring Pancakes (Dairyfree, Vegan)
- Preheat a non-stick pan over a medium heat with a little dairyfree margarine or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the apple sauce, coconut oil and lemon juice. Sift in the self raising flour and stir together.
- Slowly pour in the milk in, whisking until you make a thick but pourable batter. You might need 200ml of milk, you might need 225ml or somewhere in between but if the batter is too thin the pancakes wont be so fluffy.
- There are two ways to make these, either way the cooking method is the same, just the cooking time that differs!
- 1. Pour a tablespoon of batter into the pan and push an apple slice into the top. Pour another tablespoon of batter over to cover the apple.
- OR2. Dip the apple slices into the batter and put them in the pan.
- Cook until the top of the pancake is set (takes a couple of minutes) and then flip. Cook on the other side for a further minute or two. Decorate the pancakes however you want and enjoy!!
Pin Mini Egg Free Apple Ring Pancakes for Later: